Barney Butter can replace peanut butter in any recipe. Fans have shared with us the many ways in which they use Barney Butter, such as for Asian Dipping Sauce or instead of tahini in hummus. Here are some of our favorites.
Baked Pears with Banana & Almond Butter Ice Cream
Pears — (large batch)
- 5 ripe fresh pears
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- vanilla extract
Ice Cream — (single serving)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of Barney Butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash pears, cut into quarters, and remove core. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine warm water with honey, and vanilla extract. Add pears and mix to coat pears with syrup.
- Place the mixture onto a roasting tray and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon (about 2 teaspoons all together).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn pears so the skin faces out (this is to get that crispiness). Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until skins are crispy and golden. Serve warm (or cold) with ice cream.
Ice Cream –
- Place frozen banana and vanilla extract in a high-power blender and blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Add almond butter and blend until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to serve, and drizzle with a little maple syrup.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you for this great product. My youngest son is allergic to peanuts and this is the only almond butter that I have found that is made in a peanut free facility and is not produced on the same equipment as peanut products.” — Kellie