Barney Butter can replace peanut butter in any recipe. Fans have shared with us the many ways in which they use Barney Butter, such as for Asian Dipping Sauce or instead of tahini in hummus. Here are some of our favorites.
Baked Pears with Banana & Almond Butter Ice Cream
Pears — (large batch)
- 5 ripe fresh pears
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- vanilla extract
Ice Cream — (single serving)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of Barney Butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash pears, cut into quarters, and remove core. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine warm water with honey, and vanilla extract. Add pears and mix to coat pears with syrup.
- Place the mixture onto a roasting tray and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon (about 2 teaspoons all together).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn pears so the skin faces out (this is to get that crispiness). Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until skins are crispy and golden. Serve warm (or cold) with ice cream.
Ice Cream –
- Place frozen banana and vanilla extract in a high-power blender and blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Add almond butter and blend until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to serve, and drizzle with a little maple syrup.
I just wanted to share that I had my first bite of Barney Butter and nearly cried from joy. I developed a peanut allergy six years ago and have desperately missed peanut butter. I have tried EVERY almond butter out there but they have all been a poor substitute. When I saw your Barney Butter in the store the other day and saw that it has the same consistency as peanut butter I had to try it. It is the absolute best! I will be a loyal fan from now on! Thank you so much for making my day! – Dawn, Vero Beach, FL